A new global sport is upon us. Winging is taking over & we couldn’t be more excited about where the latest technology is going to take us.
Surge = “a sudden powerful forward or upward movement” – The PPC surge wing is born in New Zealand & available all over the world.
When designing our wing we understood what characteristics a wing really needed & we went for it. A huge amount of prototypes later we had the final product.
Recently reviewed by UK’s SUPboarder Magazine as one of the top rated wings in the world, you will be blown away by the performance of the surge wing.
The wing is constructed of
- Leading edge & struts are made of German Polyant Dacron
- Canopy sail – Japanese Teijin cloth
- Kevlar wing tip reinforcement
- Dual layered PVC reinforced handles (rigid & comfortable)
- Dual chamber valves
- Rigid, yet comfortable handles
Wing Sizes and Weights
What comes with the wing?
- Premium stretch – dynema wrist leash (well reinforced)
- High quality Wing bag for no-hassle packing and travelling
- 2 strips of matching Teijin sail repair tape
- Bladder patch kit
6 months manufacture defects warranty.
PPC Foiling Warranty
- Our warranty covers you against manufacturing or material defects.
- It doesn’t cover impact or UV damage.
- Unfortunately UV rays and extreme heat may cause damage a wing.
- Claims must have a clear explanation with clear dated photographs of the area in question.
- Please also add the dated proof of purchase in the form of an invoice/ receipt.
PPC Foiling reserves the right to determine if a product will be covered under warranty once all the documentation has been received.
We only exchange items if they are defective. If you have a Warranty claim, please first send us an email to email@example.com
PPC Foiling will arrange for the item to be assessed and collected.
If the item is checked and deemed to be covered under our warranty, we will cover shipping costs.
However if the product is not deemed to be covered by warranty, you will have to cover the shipping costs.
How to choose your wing size:
- 2.8 – 40kg or under riders or 25+ knot wind strength
- 3.8 – 60kg or under riders or 20+ knots wind strength
- 4.8 – 70kg or under riders or 15+ knot wind strength
- 5.8 – 80kg+ riders or + or – 10 knots wind strength
This guide is to help assist new wing foilers when choosing the right wing/ wings – It’s not the ONLY option for your size.
There is no real rule of thumb with wing combinations. We recommend getting at least 2 wing sizes as you will most likely want to go out wing foiling in a range of conditions.
For example, if you are 80kg, you may want to get a 5.8 for 15 knots or less & a 3.8 for anything above 20 knots.
If you are 70kg then you may want to purchase a 4.8 for 15 knots or less & a 2.8 for anything over 20 knots. It’s all relative to your weight & ability.
And just to make things more complicated, once you get proficient you will most likely want to increase your wing size & decrease your foil size. For example, a really advanced rider may use a 5.8 wing in 18-22 knots & a 1050cm square & a sub 50 litre board.
Due to the PPC surge wing being so powerful, each wing has a large wind range. For example, the 3.8 could be used from 15-30 knots for a 90kg rider. It really comes down to what foil & board the rider is using. If you are using a high volume board & a larger foil wing then you can get away with a smaller hand wing.
If you have any sizing questions you can email us & we will answer as soon as we can.
Thor Sundsvik (verified owner) –
I ordered on a Sunday and recieved the wing on Thursday noon -New Zeeland to Stockholm Sweden!!!
Looks like it even passed customs without hassle🙏 Amauzing, under the circomstances.